Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive



Unrelated to politics, history, philosophy, economics. Unrelated even to what's been the spirit of this blog - that spirit being "nothing", ("aether"?) since I never update the thing - since these are words and they exist. (Blogito ergo sum!)

I'm going to structure this post as a classical, Logic 101 piece of argumentation with the twist that after drawing a simple conclusion I'll be asking questions and maybe guessing answers. Even though I'll be talking about clubs, cholos, South Beach, and things that are scary and unfamiliar to me, I'll attempt to redeem myself in my own eyes by at least sounding hoity-toity and elitist while I do so.

Premises:

1. Miami has a very lucrative club (disco) scene.
2. Clubs make money by
2a. packing lots of approved people into a dark, loud, room of varying size and little furniture
2b. selling those people drinks at high markup.
3. To do this, clubs depend, to a greater or lesser degree, on promoters to spread the word about them.
4. Promoters know lots of people / Promoters have lots of friends.

Inferences:

5. After doing it for a while, a promoter finds there are certain people he knows who consistently show up to the club or clubs he promotes.

Conclusion:

6. These people form a sub-scene within the larger club scene: people who go to clubs frequently, or PWGTCFs

Questions:

7. If clubs are loud and dark and are often filled to capacity - and thus either preclude or hamper efforts at socialization outside of dancing/dry-humping - what do PWGTCFs do in clubs week-in, week-out?



(0) Comments